- Embossed coaster mould
- Contents: 90 grams
- Dimensions: 9 x 9 cm
Set of 4 moulds to make fun coasters. The coaster mould is made of silicone so the epoxy will not stick to it. This also makes de-moulding very easy. Moreover, the mould can be used several times after use.
How to make Ocean Coasters
You make an ocean coaster in two parts. To do this, follow the instructions below:
Part 1 (sand/land)
- Prepare the epoxy you want to use for this mould. We recommend choosng an epoxy with a low viscosity (fluidity). For example, use RESION UV Epoxy Resin or Resin Art Epoxy LV.
- Colour the epoxy as desired with pigments.
- Pour the epoxy into the mould and remove air bubbles using a gas burner or Bubble Burst.
- now let the epoxy cure sufficiently (about 24 hours).
You can also use porcelain plaster for this casting. This gives a nice porcelain look and is easy to colour in with, for example, Posca markers. In addition, the next casting (part 2) will adhere well to the porcelain plaster.
Part 2 (water)
- Now pour the epoxy in a different colour into the empty part of the cured epoxy.
- In the photo, we have used TransTint.
- Let this layer also cure for at least 24 hours.
Shape: 2 round & 2 square
Quantity: set of 4 coasters
Size/diameter: 9 x 9 x 1 cm (LxWxH)
You will need approximately 90 grams of epoxy per coaster.
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.