Personal protective equipment is essential for anyone working with chemicals such as epoxy, polyester, silicone and polyurethane. These products contain substances that can be harmful to your health if you do not handle them properly. We have an extensive range of fume masks, gloves, dust masks and safety glasses, so you will always find the right personal protection materials for your project at Polyestershoppen.
Why use personal protective equipment?
Working with synthetic resins such as epoxy, polyester and polyurethane involves certain risks. These substances can be harmful to your health and the environment. Therefore, it is important to buy the right personal protective equipment to protect yourself and others. These include gloves, safety glasses, a fume mask and protective clothing. By using this equipment properly, you reduce the risk of accidents and health problems.
What personal protective equipment is available?
There is a variety of personal protective products you can use. We list them for you below:
- Gloves: protect your hands from hazardous substances and always wear gloves that are resistant to the chemicals you are working with. Nitril gloves, for example, are suitable for working with epoxy and polyester.
- Safety glasses: safety glasses protect your eyes from splashes and dust particles. Choose saftey glasses that fit your face well and are comfortable. Colad safety glasses are sturdy, lightweight and adjustable.This ensures optimal protection for your eyes and a comfortable fit.
- Fume masks: fume masks are essential when working with solvent-based products.This is because the fumes released by these products can be harmful to your health. By using a fume mask with the right filters, you will always work safely. At Polyestershoppen, you will find various vapour masks that we deliver quickly from stock. For example, consider the popular 3M 6000 half mask or the ready-made 3M 4251 half mask. Both masks are top quality and feature high wearing comfort. For the best possible protection, there is the 3M 6800/6900 full face mask. This mask covers the entire face. This eliminates the risk of splashes in the face and protects you from volatiles in the best possible way.
For advice on the right fume mask, contact our specialists.
- Dust masks: a dust mask (mouth mask) prevents you from inhaling harmful dust particles. Are you going to start sanding? Then we recommend always using a suitable fine dust mask with a P2 or P3 filter. This FFP2 mask is also available in a version with an exhalation profile that prevent breathing heat and moisture.
- Protective clothing: wear overalls or other protective clothing to protect your skin from direct contact with hazardous substances.
Overview personal protective equipment
Tips for working safely with epoxy, polyester and polyurethane
Besides wearing personal protective equipment, there are some other measures you can take to work safely with synthetic resins:
- Work in a well-ventilated area: ensure adequate ventilation to expel harmful fumes. Preferably work outside or in an area with an extraction system. If you work at home, we recommend opening a window.
- Read the instructions for use: always read the instructions for use of the products you use. They contain important information on safety regulations and the use of personal protective equipment. You will almost always find a TDS (technical data sheet) and MSDS (material safety data sheet) on the product page. Here you can find all information on the correct PPE for that product.
- Avoid skin contact: make sure your skin does not come into contact with hazardous substances. Wear protective clothing and gloves and wash your hands thoroughly after working with these materials.
- Avoid eye contact: always wear safety glasses to protect your eyes from splashes and dust particles. If you get something in your eye, rinse it out immediately with water and consult a doctor.
- Use the right tools: use tools prescribed with the products. Consider stirring sticks, spatulas, brushes and rollers that are resistant to the chemicals. For most products, the description will indicate which tools to use for this purpose.
- Clean up and store properly: clean up after working with these materials and store the products in a safe and dry place, out of reach of children and pets.
More information on personal protective equipment?
By wearing the right personal protective equipment and sticking to the advice above, you can work responsibly with our products. Please think about yourself, others and the environment. In this way, you ensure a safe working environment and prevent accidents or health problems.
Would you like to know more about personal protective equipment? Then feel free to contact our product specialists.