Hempel Mille NCT Antifouling
- Hempel's Mille 7173C
- Self-abrasive antifouling
- High colour retention
Hempel Mille NCT is a high performance self-sharpening antifouling. Thanks to Hempel's patented binder technology, Mille NCT antifouling provides excellent protection in every season and is suitable for various boats. For example, the antifouling paint is suitable for boats made of polyester, wood and steel. The self-sharpening Hempel antifouling is not suitable for aluminum or other light alloy metals. The white colour IS suitable for aluminum boats. Mille NCT is easy to apply.
Benefits of Hempel Mille NCT
- Self-sharpening antifouling (does not build up layer thickness).
- Easy to apply.
- Suitable for most boats (polyester, wood, steel).
- The white Mille NCT is also suitable for aluminum boats.
- Colour retention for the whole season.
- Suitable for fresh, salty and brackish water.
How to use Hempel Antifouling
Hempel's Mille NCT 7173C is easy to apply with a brush, roller or paint pad. The minimum processing temperature is 5°C. Avoid working in direct sunlight.
- Always ensure that the surface is lightly sanded, clean, grease-free and dry before applying the antifouling.
- Ensure that the surface has been properly prepared for the optimum performance of Mille NCT. Treat untreated surfaces with Hempel Underwater Primer. Do the same if the old antifouling is in poor condition.
- Stir the contents well to obtain a nice colour. This is because the antifouling contains heavy particles.
- Apply 1 coat of Hempel Mille with a dry film thickness of 40 µm. If necessary, add up to 5% thinner to aid application.
- Apply an additional coat around the waterline and on wear-sensitive areas.
- After approximately 4 hours (at 20°C) the antifouling is hand dry and ready for painting.
- After approximately 24 hours up to a maximum of 9 months you can put the boat in the water.
If your vessel is regularly used at speeds above 20 knots, 3 coats of antifouling paint is recommended.
Contents: 0.75 ltr and 2.5 ltr
Colour: black, white, red, blue
Consumption: approx. 13.5 m2/l
Hand-dry: 2 hours (at 20°C)
Can be overcoated after: 4 hours (at 20°C)
Application: brush, roller or paint pad
Thinner: Hempel Thinner 808 (No. 3)
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.