- 1-component primer
- Excellent water resistance
Hempel Underwater Primer is a high-quality one-component primer. The fast-drying primer has excellent water resistance. This makes Hempel Underwater Primer the ideal primer to use before applying a new Hempel antifouling. This primer is also suitable as a sealant on old antifouling or as an anchoring layer on a surface that has been pretreated with epoxy primer.
Hempel Underwater Primer can be applied directly to the hull or a primed surface. It has excellent adhesion to polyester, wood and steel substrates.
Benefits of Hempel Underwater Primer
- Fast drying primer.
- 1-component primer.
- Excellent water resistance.
- Suitable as primer for antifouling.
Insructions for use
Hempel Underwater Primer is easy to apply by brush, roller, spray or paint pad. The minimum processing temperature is 5°C. Avoid working in direct sunlight.
- Always ensure that the surface is lightly sanded, clean, grease-free and dry before applying Hempel primer.
- Stir the contents well before application.
- Apply the Hempel Primer.
- Previously coated surface - apply 1 layer of primer as a sealing or anchoring layer.
- Previously pretreated surface - when the previously applied epoxy primer is still tacky, apply 1 layer of the product as an anchoring layer.
- Wooden surface - apply the primer first 1 layer diluted with the specified thinner (max. 20%). Then apply 2 coats of Underwater Primer. If necessary, add thinner to support the application (max. 5%).
- After approximately 3 hours (at 20°C) the primer is hand-dry and can be painted over.
- You can now easily apply a Hempel antifouling of your choice.
Contents: 0.75 ltr and 2.5 ltr
Consumption: approx. 7.8 m2/l
Hand-dry: 3 hours (at 20°C)
Can be overcoated after: 3 hours (at 20°C)
Application: brush, roller, spray or paint pad
Thinner: Hempel Thinner 811 (No. 1)
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.