- Free of copper and biocide
- Hard antifouling
- Easy to use
Hempel Ecopower Racing Antifouling is the ideal antifouling for fast sailing boats in environments with high environmental requirements. The hard antifouling is free of copper and biocide. This antifouling by Hempel contains Tec-Cel, which reduces the friction between the hull and the water. This way you achieve a higher speed and reduce the fuel consumption of your boat. In addition, the antifouling provides a smooth, non-yellowing surface throughout the season.
You can use Ecopower Racing for almost all high-speed boats with a substrate of polyester, aluminum, wood and steel!
Benefits Hempel Ecopower Racing
- Free of copper and biocide.
- Hard antifouling.
- Easy to process.
- Suitable for most surfaces (including aluminum).
- Suitable for fresh, salty and brackish water.
Instructions for use
Hempel's Ecopower Cruise is easy to apply by brush, roller, spray or paint pad. The minimum processing temperature is 5°C. Avoid working in direct sunlight.
- Always ensure that the surface is lightly sanded, clean, grease-free and dry before applying the Hempel antifouling.
- Ensure that the surface has been properly prepared for the antifouling to function optimally. Treat untreated surfaces with Hempel Underwater Primer. Do the same if the old antifouling is in poor condition.
- Stir the contents well to obtain an attractive colour. This is because the product contains heavy particles.
- Apply 2 coats of Hempel Ecopower Cruise with a dry film thickness of 40 µm. If necessary, add up to 5% thinner thinner to aid application.
- Apply an extra layer around the waterline and to areas susceptible to wear.
- After approximately 4 hours (at 20°C) the antifouling is dry to the touch and ready for painting.
- After approximately 24 hours up to a maximum of 9 months you can put the boat in the water.
If the vessel is regularly used at speeds above 20 knots, 3 coats of antifouling paint are recommended.
Contents: 0.75 ltr and 2.5 ltr
Colour: black, red, white, blue
Consumption: approx. 14.3 m2/l
Hand-dry: 4 hours (at 20°C)
Can be overcoated after: 4 hours (at 20°C)
Application: brush, roller, spray or paint pad
Thinner: Hempel Thinner 808 (No. 3)
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.