- High elongation (200%)
- Cyanoacrylate glue (instant glue)
- Low-odour and transparent
Born2Bond Flex is a flexible, elastic and low-odour cyanoacrylate adhesive (instant adhesive) with exceptional adhesion to a very broad range of materials and surfaces. It becomes a polymer (hardens) with more than 200% elongation with a working time (in mixer) of up to six minutes. Born2Bond Flex can be used for high-volumetric gap filling, achieving instant adhesion to most plastics, woods and metals as well as to porous and irregular surfaces.
Benefits Born2Bond Flex
- Fast curing.
- Elongation > 200%.
- Low odour and transparent.
- Suitable for a large range of materials.
Bostik's cyanoacrylate adhesive adheres to many materials and is suitable for a variety of applications, including:
- Leather bonding for luxury clothing.
- Sealing repair.
- Elastic seam and joint sealing.
- Flooring and panel bonding.
- Glass to rubber bonding.
Instructions for use
Born2Bond Flex is sy to use. To do so, follow the following instructions.
- Before applying Born2Bond Flex, make sure the surface is clean, dry and grease-free.
- To use, part A and part B must be blended. Product can be applied directly from the syringe using the plunger supplied and dispensed through the recommending mixing nozzle.
- Hold the syringe upright and insert the plunger. While keeping the syringe in an upright position, remove the cap, attach the mixing nozzle, and begin dispensing the adhesive upward until any bubbles present in the smaller component have been removed.
- Make a test dose on a piece of paper to ensure both components are sufficiently mixed.
- Apply the mixed adhesive to one of the bond surfaces to be joined.
- Parts should be assembled immediately after the mixed adhesive has been applied.
- Bonds should be held by fixing or clamping until the adhesive has cured. Prevent assembled parts from moving during cure.
- The bond should be allowed to develop to full strength before being subjected to any service load (typically 24 hours).
Packaging: 10 gr, 50 gr
Gap filling capacity: 1 cm
Base technology: Methoxyethyl Cyanoacrylate
Open time: 6-10 minutes
Fixture time: 60 seconds
Temperature use range: -40°C to 60°C
Linear shrinkage: 9.2 %
Shelf life: 12 months, if stored in original packaging between 2°C and 8°C
View the technical documentation for more information on Born2Bond Flex.
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.