- High gap-filling capacity
- Cyanoacrylate glue (instant glue)
- High strength
Born2Bond Repair is a gap-filling instant adhesive (super glue) and repair product with excellent adhesion to a very broad range of materials and surfaces. Born2Bond Repair is ideal for instant bonding and repairing, because it combines the strength of a structural adhesive with the speed of an instant adhesive. A tough polymer is achieved within a hardening time of under 10 minutes and the gel consistency enables application in any orientation.
Benefits Born2Bond Repair
- Fast curing (15-60 seconds).
- Impact resistant.
- Fills gaps of any volume.
- Instant adhesion with high bonding strength.
Bostik's cyanoacrylate adhesive adheres to many materials and is suitable for a variety of applications, including:
- Wood repair and reconstruction.
- Rubber joint bonding, automotive joint bonding.
- Plastic defect repairing.
Instructions for use
Born2Bond Repair is easy to use. To do so, follow the following instructions.
- Before applying Born2Bond Repair, make sure the surface is clean, dry and grease-free.
- To use, part A and part B must be blended. Product can be applied directly from the syringe using the plunger supplied and dispensed through the recommending mixing nozzle.
- Hold the syringe upright and insert the plunger. While keeping the syringe in an upright position, remove the cap, attach the mixing nozzle, and begin dispensing the adhesive upward until any bubbles present in the smaller component have been removed.
- Make a test dose on a piece of paper to ensure both components are sufficiently mixed.
- Apply the mixed adhesive to one of the bond surfaces to be joined.
- Parts should be assembled immediately after the mixed adhesive has been applied.
- Bonds should be held by fixing or clamping until the adhesive has cured. Prevent assembled parts from moving during cure.
- The bond should be allowed to develop to full strength before being subjected to any service load (typically 24 hours).
Packaging: 10 gr, 50 gr
Base technology: Ethyl Cyanoacrylate
Open time: 4-10 minutes
Curing speed: 15 - 60 seconds
Temperature Use Range: -40°C to 80°C
Linear shrinkage: 4.3%
Shelf life: 12 months, if stored in original packaging between 2°C and 8°C
View the technical documentation for more information on Born2Bond Repair.
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.