Tec7 WP7-501 Wall + Basement Waterproof
- Polymer cement coating
- Waterproof from 2 mm
- Resists water pressure and salt
Tec7 WP7-501 Wall + Basement Waterproof is a polymer cement coating from the Tec7 Waterprotect 7 product range with which you can waterproof basements and walls for 100%. This hard but elastic coating is ideal for damp basement walls, cellar floors and technical rooms. The polymer cement coating can be tiled, plastered and painted over.
After mixing with water, Tec7 WP7-501 is easy to apply with a brush, it adheres well to porous materials and hardens quickly. Tec7 is salt and water pressure resistant on stable and receptive substrates. Crack bridging capability and permanent immersion resistance. Prevents or greatly reduces salt efflorescence, waterproof but vapour permeable.
Benefits of Tec7 Wall + Basement Waterproof
- 100% waterproof.
- Simple application.
- Waterproof and salt resistant from 2 mm.
- Also on wet walls.
- The solution for wet stains on basement walls and floors, loose plaster due to moisture, salt efflorescence, mold bloom on walls and ceilings, musty odor and crumbling wet walls.
- Waterproof underlay for basement floors and terraces, waterproof coating for wells, reservoirs, ponds.
- Protective coating for concrete surfaces (EN 1504-2).
- Sealing foundation walls.
Instructions for use
- Remove as much old paint and loose plaster as possible. Dilute the sealing primer 1:1 with pure water and apply saturating with the spray pump on a clean, receptive and stable surface.
- Mix the required amount of polymer cement for the first layer (1 kg per 1.2 m²) with pure water. Mixing ratio 400 ml water per kg. Mix with a slowly rotating mixer (500 rpm) to a thick liquid, lump-free mass and let it rest for 2 minutes. Stir again before use. The mixture can be processed for 35 to 45 minutes depending the ambient temperature. When stiffening in the pot, never add water to respect the mixing ratio: mix as much product as you can apply within the processing time.
- Apply the first coat of +/- 1 mm vigourlessly to the still wet primer using a wide, stiff brush.
- Allow to dry for 3 to 5 hours before applying the second coat (the first one should feel cured).Moisten the first coat with water using a nebulizer and apply the second coat of +/- 1 mm perpendicular to the brush direction of the first coat.
Immediately clean material and spilled product with clear water. After curing only mechanically removable. Full cure after 7 to 14 days, depending on the temperature. Humidity during that period: 50 to 80%. Provide ventilation to avoid condensation. Do not use a construction dryer or dehumidifier in the first month after application. Recoatable after curing with breathable paint. Consumption: 1 bag of 10 kg for 6 m² (2 mm thick in 2 layers on a smooth wall).
Basis: polymers, cement
Contents: 10 kg powder + 1L primer
Colour: white Density (mixed): 1.1 Maturing time: 2 minutes
Open working time:
- 10°C: 120 minutes
- 15°C: 75 minutes
- 20°C: 45 minutes
- 25°C: 30 minutes
Optimal layer thickness: 2 mm
Maximum layer thickness: 5 mm
Procesing temperature: +5 to +35°C
Curing (depending on T° en RH):
- Mechanical: 3-7 days
- Water pressure: 3 days
- Paintable: after 7 to 14 days
Tensile strenght: 1.6 MPa.
Elongation at break: 30%
Capillary water absorption: 0.02 kg/m2h.
Resistance to water pressure (2mm thick):
- Negative: >1 bar
- Positive: >5 bar
Water vapor permeability: Sd 1.3m
Shelf life: 12 months, stored cool and dry in original packaging
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.
|H315||Causes skin irritation.|
|H318||Causes serious eye damage.|
|H319||Causes serious eye irritation.|
|P101||If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.|
|P102||Keep out of reach of children.|
|P280||Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.|
|P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/…|
|P302+P352||IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/…|
|P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|P332+P313||If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.|
|P337+P313||If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.|
|P264A||Wash hands thoroughly after handling.|
|P321||Specific treatment (see information on this label).|