- Hempel's Classic 71220
- Self-abrasive antifouling
- Contents: 750 ml & 2.5 ltr
Hempel Classic Antifouling is an efficient self-sharpening antifouling for slow-moving motor yachts. Hempel Classic provides excellent protection in all seasons and is suitable for various boats. The antifouling is suitable for polyester, wood and steel boats. The self-sharpening Hempel antifouling is not suitable for aluminum or other light metal alloys.
Benefits of Hempel Classic
- Self-sharpening antifouling (does not build up layer thickness).
- Easy to apply.
- Suitable for most boats (polyester, wood, steel).
- Suitable for fresh water.
How to use Hempel Antifouling
Hempel Classic 71220 is easy to apply by brush, roller or paint pad. The minimum application temperature is 5°C. Avoid working in direct sunlight.
- Always ensure that the surface is lightly sanded, clean, grease-free and dry before applying Hempel Classic.
- Ensure that the surface has been properly pre-treated so that the antifouling will function optimally. Treat untrated surfaces with Hempel Underwater Primer. Do the same if the old antifouling is in poor condition.
- Stir the contents well to obtain an attractive colour. This is because the antifouling contains heavy particles.
- Apply 1 coat of Hempel Classic with a dry film thickness of 40 µm. If necessary, add up to 5% thinner to aid application.
- Apply an additional coat around the waterline and to wear-sensitive areas.
- After approximately 4 hours (at 20°C) the antifouling is dry to the touch and ready for painting.
- After approximately 24 hours up to a maximum of 1 month you can put the boat in the water.
Contents: 0.75 ltr and 2.5 ltr
Colour: black, red, blue
Consumption: approx. 12.5 m2/l
Hand-dry: 4 hours (at 20°C)
Can be overcoated after: 4 hours (at 20°C)
Application: brush, roller or paint pad
Thinner: Hempel Thinner 808 (No. 3)
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.