- Shrinkage: 20%
- Suitable up to 165°C
- Thickness: 0.050 mm
Shrink tape is ideal for repairing pipes and bicycle frames, making tubes around a mould, repairing or manufacturing fishing rods, etc.
The tape can easily be wrapped around the new laminate, with a small overlap. By heating with a hair dryer, the shrink tape shrinks lengthwise, stretching tightly around the laminate. This favourably affects the fibre to resin ratio and the adhesion and force transfer from old to new material will be much better. Shrink tape is a must for bicycle frame repairs!
The 'Hi-shrink tape' is available in 2 versions: perforated and non-perforated. The perforated tape will also be able to drain excess resin. Keep in mind then that some resin leakage may occur, so make sure you protect the area well.
Benefits shrink Tape
- Suitable for curing temperatures up to 165°C.
- Perfect film for thin-walled composite parts.
- Thin film minimizes the height of 'cello lines' on the cured part.
- Commonly used for consolidating composite pipes, flexible pipes and silicone tubing during curing.
Material: Polyester (Mylar)
Thickness: 0.050 mm
- Perforated: roll 2 cm x 100 m
- Non-perforated: roll 2.5 cm x 100 m
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.