- Shrinkage: 20%
- Suitable up to 165°C
- Thickness: 50 mu
Shrink tape is ideal for pipe repairs, bicycle frame repair, mold making, repair or production of fishing rods, etc.
The tape can easily be wrapped around the new laminate, with a small overlap. When heated with a hair dryer, the shrink tape shrinks lengthwise, so that it stretches tightly around the laminate. This favorably influences the fiber/resin ratio and the adhesion and power transfer from old to new material will be much better. Shrink tape is a must for bicycle frame repairs!
The 'Hi-Shrink tape' is available in 2 versions: Perforated and Unperforated. The perforated tape will also be able to drain excess resin. Take into account some resin leakage, so make sure you can protect the environment well.
Benefits Shrink Tape
- Suitable for curing temperatures up to 165°C
- Good film for thin-walled composite parts
- Thin film minimizes the height of 'cello lines' on the cured part
- Commonly used for consolidating composite pipes, flexible pipes and silicone tubing during curing
Material: Polyester (Mylar)
Thickness: 0,050 mm
- Perforated: roll 2 cm x 100 m
- Non perforated: rol 2,5 cm x 100 m
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.