Hempel Light Primer
- 2-component epoxy primer
- Osmosis preventative
- High water resistance
Hempel Light Primer is a high-quality 2-component epoxy primer. This high build primer prevents and restores osmosis in polyester boats and also protects against general corrosion.
Light Primer is suitable for boats made from polyester, steel, aluminum and laminated wood. You can use this epoxy primer both above and below the waterline.
Benefits of Hempel Light Primer
- High-quality epoxy primer.
- Excellent impact and corrosion resistance.
- Excellent water resistance.
- Suitable for polyester, wood, steel and aluminum.
Instructions for use
Hempel Light Primer is easy to apply with a brush, roller, sprayer or paint pad. The minimum processing temperature is 5°C. Avoid working in direct sunlight.
- Always ensure that the surface is lightly sanded, clean, grease-free and dry before applying Hempel primer.
- Stir the contents well before applying.
- Apply Hempel Primer.
- Uncoated surfaces (below the waterline) - pre-treat porous surfaces with a first coat diluted with Thinner 845 (max. 20%). Then apply 3-5 coats to obtain full film thickness. If necessary, add thinner to aid application (max. 5%).
- Uncoated surfaces (above the waterline) - pre-treat porous surfaces with a first coat diluted with verdunner t845 (max. 20%). Then apply 2 coats of primer. If necessary, add thinner to aid application (max. 5%).
- Previously coated surface - sand, clean and dry the surface and apply 1 coat of primer. If necessary, add thinner to support the application (max. 5%).
- After approximately 4 hours (at 20°C) the primer is hand-dry and paintable.
You can now easily apply Hempel Underwater Primer or a Hempel Antifouling of your choice.
Contents: 0.75 ltr and 2.5 ltr
Colour: white & grey
Consumption: approx. 8.2 m2/l
Mixing ratio: 2:1 (volume)
Processing time: 6 hours
Hand-dry: after 3 hours (at 20°C)
Can be overcoated after: 4 hours (at 20°C)
Sandable: after 48 hours (at 20°C)
Application: brush, roller, spray or paint pad
Thinner: Hempel Thinner 845 (No. 5)
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.