De IJssel Double Coat Double UV
- High quality UV protection
- Suitable for types of wood
- Long gloss retention
De IJssel Double Coat Double UV is a high-gloss polyurethane topcoat with special UV filters. This clear varnish protects items against weather influences such as UV light. The 2-component transparent topcoat is very suitable when gloss retention and scratch resistance are desired.
The flexibility of the varnish makes it very suitable for application on pre-treated wooden surfaces. In addition, we recommend this varnish if you have worked with a resin that is not UV-resistant in itself. Thanks to this Double Coat Double UV lacquer the end product remains protected against various weather influences including UV radiation.
Benefits of Double Coat Double UV
Double Coat Double UV has many advantages, namely:
- High UV resistance.
- High scratch resistance.
- Long gloss retention.
- Very suitable as opcoat for wooden substrates.
- Easy to process.
Are you going to use De IJssel Double Coat Double UV? Then it is useful to follow the instructions below.
- Make sure you sand, clean and degrease the surface before applying the clear coat.
- Carefully open the lid and mix the varnish to a homogenous colour;
- Weigh the desired amount into a mixing cup.
- Add the hardener to this according to the correct mixing ratio (75:25 by weight).
- Mix both components well, including the sides and bottom of the mixing cup.
- Allow the varnish to pre-react for about 10 minutes (this is not necessary, but reduces the amount of air in the mixture).
- Now dilute the varnish according to application and personal desire with up to 10% brush thinner.
- Apply the varnish evenly over the surface with a foam roller or a brush.
- Smooth the surface.
After 24 hours you can apply another coat of DD Varnish Double UV without sanding. After longer intervals you should sand between coats. You get the best result by sanding between coats and allowing the penultimate coat to cure for a few days. Then sand the layer finely with P400 sandpaper and apply the final coat.
|750 ml (suitabe for approx. 6 m2)||562 ml||188 ml|
|4 litres (suitabe for approx. 30 m2)||3 litres||1 litre|
Contents: 750 ml or 4 litres
Finish: high gloss
Mixing ratio: 75 parts by weight of lacquer and 25 parts by weight of hardener
Consumption: approx. 125 grams/m²
Application: paint brush, roller or spray
Brush thinner: 0-5%
Spray thinner: 10-15% (air spray)
Processing time: approx. 2 hours (20°C)
Dust dry: after 2 hours
Full cure: after 7 days
Shelf life: 12 months (if stored in original packaging, in a cool, frost-free place)
More information about Double Coat Double UV
Would you like more information or advice on using De IJssel Double Coat Double UV? Get in touch with our specialists, we will be happy to help and advise you! View our information centre for an answer to your question or contact us directly on +31 85 022 0090. Need immediate assistance? Then send us a chat message. We will answer your questions quickly during office hours.
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.