- Suitable for approximately 10m2
- High gloss, scratch resistant
- Available in all RAL colours
Double Coat DD Coat is a high-quality two-component polyester lacquer for embellishment and protection of polyester, epoxy, metal, wood and plastic. DD Lacquer is known for its high scratch resistance, UV stability and long gloss retention. This makes it very suitable as a boat varnish or as scratch-resistant protection for an epoxy table.
DD Coat High Gloss is available in every RAL colour and various standard colours. So you can always finish your boat in the desired colour and gloss level. Double Coat DD Varnish is also available in Silk gloss and Matt gloss. Colours in selection screen may vary slightly from reality. If you want to be sure that you order the right colour, order a RAL colour fan or an IJssel color chart.
Benefits of DD Coat High Gloss
- High UV resistance
- High scratch resistance
- Excellent colour and gloss retention
- Available in any RAL colour
Instructions for use DD Coat High Gloss
Double Coat DD Coat is easy to apply. Make sure you prepare the surface properly before applying the polyester lacquer. Sand the surface to 280-grit paper and degrease with Double Coat degreaser. Dust should be removed with a tack cloth. Wood and metal surfaces should be prepared properly. First apply a suitable primer (HB coating or ZF primer).
You process DD Coat High Gloss using the following steps:
- Open the base component, stir it up and weigh the desired amount into a clean mixing cup. Always use (digital) scales for weighing.
- Then add the hardener in the correct ratio to the resin (67:33).
- Mix both components gently and scrape well along the side and bottom of the mixing jug. Now let the lacquer rest for 30 minutes.
- After resting, add approximately 3-5% brush thinner to the mixture. Stir well again.
- Apply DD Paint High Gloss evenly with a foam roller*, brush or sprayer.
- Roll or brush the surface immediately without exerting excessive force.
After 24 hours (at 20°C) you can apply a second coat without sanding. The best result is obtained by sanding between coats and letting the penultimate coat dry for a few days. Then you can fine-sand it with 400 or 600-grit paper before applying the final coat. DD Lacquer is dust-dry after about 2 hours and fully cured after 5 days.
|1 kg (suitable for approx. 8m2)
Mixing ratio: 67 parts by weight of base and 33 parts by weight of hardener).
Consumption: approx. 125 grams/m2
Processing time: approx. 2 hours
Fully hardened: approx. 5 days
Application: can be applied by brush, roller or sprayer.
Finish: high gloss
Brush thinner: 3 to 5%
Spray thinner: 5 to 15%
Shelf life: stored cool and dry in original packaging, minimum 12 months
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.
DD lak verharder | 330 gr | Wit
|Flammable liquid and vapour.
|May cause an allergic skin reaction.
|Harmful if inhaled.
|May cause respiratory irritation.
|If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
|Keep out of reach of children.
|Read label before use.
|Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
|Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
|Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
|IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
|Store locked up.
|Dispose of contents/container in accordance with in accordance with local regulation
- Covering an object with polyester
- Covering an object with glass fabric and epoxy
- This is how you repair a polyester camper roof!
- Personal protective equipment
- Waterproofing walls and floors
- This is how you make polyester moulds!
- Painting a boat with DD Paint [manual]
- Repairing a plastic shower tray with polyester or epoxy
- What boat paint do you need? The right paint system for your boat!
- Frequently asked questions about boat maintenance
- Do it yourself jobs with epoxy (DIY), polyester and PU foam!