- Flexible & suitable for moulds
- Stick-free curing in 6-8 hours
- Food safe after curing
Silicone Shore 15 is a high-quality silicone rubber which cures at room temperature after mixing with hardener. Suitable for casting candles, chocolate, model making, technical products, chess pieces, etc. This silicone rubber can easily be made into brushable or spatterable silicone by adding a few percent silicone thickener. Silicone cast rubber 1:10 is also available in a rigid variant (Shore 40).
Features silicone casting rubber Shore 15
- Tear resistant, malleable and elastic.
- Long service life.
- Produces razor-sharp products.
- Highly resistant to polyester casting resins, polyurethane casting resins, plaster, concrete, etc.
- Food safe.
- Pours easily without bubbles (due to low viscosity).
Shore 15 silicone is a flexible variant. By diluting Shore 15 silicone with maximum 15% silicone oil, it can be made even more flexible.
Processing casting rubber Shore 15
- Pour the Shore 15 silicone into a clean mixing bowl.
- Add 10% hardener by weight.
- Mix the parts well for about 3 minutes using the mixing spatula supplied. Do not forget to scrape the bottom and side of the mixing cup.
- Pour the mixture into a new mixing container and mix well again.
- You can now start processing the silicone rubber within 2 hours (the recommended processing temperature is 20℃, at higher temperatures curing will be faster and air bubbles will escape less easily).
Contents: set of 1.1 kg, set of 5.5 kg, set of 22 kg
Hardener included? Yes, 10% hardener Colour: Translucent, to be coloured with pigment Temperature resistance: 250℃ long-term, 350℃ short-term Mixing ratio: 1:10 (weight) Processing time: 2 hours Processing temperature: 20℃ Curing time (tack free): 8 hours Hardness: Shore 15 (flexible). Shelf life: 2 years (with closed packaging). Food safe: yes
1.1 kg: 1 tin of 1 kg silicone rubber and 1 bottle of 0.1 kg hardener
5.5 kg: 1 tin of 5 kg silicone rubber and 1 bottle of 0.5 kg hardener
22 kg: 1 tin of 20 kg silicone rubber and 1 jerrycan of 2 kg hardener
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.