- Complete child-friendly package
- Easy to use
- With complete manual
With this kit you can make a print of the hands of your baby, toddler or child yourself. Create a unique memory that is still special after years! All necessary items to make a print are included in the package and therefore easy to order. We have a video and written instructions so you can easily do this at home. The materials harden very quickly so it is not annoying for your son or daughter.
Contents of the kit
- 0.5 kg alginate molding powder
- 1 kg porcelain plaster
- Mixing cup 1300 ml
- Mixing cup 2000 ml
- Butterfly mixer
- Clean your son or daughter's hand thoroughly before making the mold.
- Prepare the alginate rubber in a mixing bowl with lukewarm water, around 20 degrees. You can then immediately push the hand in.
- Make the mold by keeping the hand in the mixing cup with alginate rubber for 10 minutes. Explain that it is wise to keep the hand straight or slightly bended and that they should not move. You can reward your child for holding its hand still or you can do it while the child is watching TV. Just before bedtime is also a good option, as children are often tired at this time.
- After 10 minutes, remove the hand from the mold. Move the hand up and down and it will release by itself.
- Prepare porcelain plaster in the small mixing bowl and pour this into the mold.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cast from the alginate mold. You can break off the alginate, as the mold cannot be used more than once.
Read the complete manual here or watch the video below:
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.