Araldite 2053 Methyl Methacrylate Adhesive
- 2-component adhesive
- For dynamic applications
- Araldite 2053-05 & 2053-15
Araldite 2053 is a 2-component methyl methacrylate adhesive designed for structural bonding. The MMA adhesive combines high elongation at break with excellent resistance to ageing and weathering. This makes this type of adhesive perfectly suited to bonding metals, composites and plastics in dynamic applications such as in the transport industry.
Araldite type 2053-05 has an open time of 5 minutes.
Araldite type 2053-15 has an open time of 15 minutes.
Features Araldite 2053 Methyl Methacrylate Adhesive
- High elongation at break.
- Suitable for dynamic applications.
- Adheres to metals, composites and plastics.
- Has excellent resistance to ageing and weathering.
Araldite 2053 is suitable for bonding the following applications:
- GRP, SMC, GRE and thermoset composites.
- Stainless steel.
- ABS, PVC and acrylics.
- Ferrous metals, aluminum and copper.
- Ceramic materials.
Colour: dark grey
Processing time: 6-10 minutes
Specific gravity: 1.1 g/cm3
Temperature resistance: 100°C
Minimum curing time for initial strength: 15 minutes
- 50 ml double cartridge (handgun and mixing tube required)
- 480 ml double cartridge (handgun and mixing tube required)
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.