- For pins and knife handles
- Very low viscous
- Long shelf life
Stabicure Resin is a water-thin, transparent resin used to stabilise wood, bone, leather, antler and other more or less porous materials. By impregnating the material with Stabicure Resin, it will no longer absorb moisture, splinter or age or discolour. Stabicure Resin is harmless, both during processing and while using the stabilised product.
The Stabicure process is easy to perform and gives professional results. This makes this material a must for woodturners, knife makers and other hobbyists and professionals who work with wood and other natural materials in a detailed manner.
Professional impregnation with Stabicure Resin requires a vacuum pump with vacuum chamber. Curing of this material is done by heat.
Stabicure is similar to the American Cactus Juice.
Applications Stabicure wood stabilisation
You can use Stabicure to make, among other things:
- Knife handles
- Fine woodturning
- Fine wood carving
- Jewellery and ornaments
- Billiard cues
- Guitar necks
- Gun and pistol butts
Examples of materials that can be impregnated with Stabicure:
Instructions for use Stabicure
You can stabilise materials with Stabicure if you follow these steps:
- Make sure the material to be impregnated is completely dry. Place it in an oven until the material no longer loses weight.
- Immerse the object in a mixing cup filled with Stabicure. Make sure the object disappears completely under the liquid. If necessary, use metal wire to keep the object there.
- Place the mixing cup in a vacuum chamber and turn on the vacuum pump. Now bubbles will come out of the object. The bubbles rise to the top.
- Once all the bubbles are gone, the vacuum is lifted. Now the Stabicure liquid will soak into the object.
- Check regularly whether the object is completely saturated by weighing it at regular intervals.
- If the object is fully saturated, place it in an oven to harden.
Tip: for more information, also read the technical data sheet.
Packaging: 0.5 litre, 1 litre, 2.5 litres, 5 litres, 20 litres
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.
|H317||May cause an allergic skin reaction.|
|H319||Causes serious eye irritation.|
|P101||If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.|
|P102||Keep out of reach of children.|
|P261||Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.|
|P280||Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.|
|P302+P352||IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/…|
|P333+P313||If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention.|
|P501B||Dispose of contents/container in accordance with in accordance with local regulation|
|P264A||Wash hands thoroughly after handling.|