- Primer for Sikaflex 290DC
- Low viscosity
- Contents: 30 ml, 250 ml, 1 litre
This Sika primer is a transparent light yellow low-viscosity liquid that dries by reaction with air humidity. Among other things, Sika Primer 290DC is used as pretreatment of wooden deck battens that are intubated with Sikaflex 290DC or bonded with Sikaflex-298 FC. The primer is produced according to the quality assurance system ISO 9001 and environmental management system ISO 14001 and is also produced sustainably within the framework of "responsible care".
Sika Primer 290DC is designed for use on the following substrates:
- Oregon pine
- Polyester-based GRP
- Clean the surface so it is dry and free from grease, oil, dust and contaminants. The adhesion can be improved with a pretreatment like sanding, cleaning and activation or combinations of these.
- Apply a thin but opaque coat of Sika Primer 290DC using a brush, felt or foam roller. Prime teakwood completely, but avoid too much material.
- Allow the primed surface to dry for at least 60 minutes before applying Sika. The ideal application temperature is between 15°C and 25°C.
- Close the packaging carefully immediately after use.
Contents: 30 ml, 250 ml, 1 litre
Chemical base: solvent-based polyurethane solution
Colour: light yellow
Application temperature: 5-40 °C
Application method: brush or spray
Consumption: 50 ml/m2 (depending on substrate porosity)
Shelf life: 12 months (stored in sealed container in up-right position in a dry place ≤ 25 °C)
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.