- High chemical resistance
- Waterproof after curing
- Adheres to polyester and epoxy
Variopox epoxy filler is a two-component filler for applications where water resistance and chemical resistance are important. This filler is therefore very suitable for boats and can be applied both above and below the waterline. IJssel Variopox epoxy filler is also very suitable for repairing wooden or aluminium window frames.
Benefits of Variopox epoxy filler
- Adheres to polyester, primed wood, steel, aluminum etc.
- Suitable above and below the waterline.
- Good water and chemical resistance.
- Slightly flexible, good vibration resistance.
- Easy to process.
Processing epoxy filler
Put on nitrile gloves and weigh both components according to the mixing ratio 2:1 on a digital scale. Then mix both components well until an even colour is achieved. Apply the filler with a putty knife, flexible spatula or a Japanese spatula and let it cure completely. After drying, the filled surface should be sanded again with at least P120.
For small jobs, use Variopox Finishing Filler in combination with a caulking gun.
Contents: 1 kg, 5 kg (base + hardener)
Colour: light green (matt-gloss)
Mixing ratio: 2:1
Yield: 1.1 m2/kg
Processing time: 30 minutes (sandable after 24 hours)
Dust-dry: after approx. 2 hours
Can be painted over: after 48 hours
Fully hardened: after 2 days
Shelf life: at least 6 months if stored unmixed and in original packaging in a cool and frost-free place
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.
- Covering an object with glass fabric and epoxy
- This is how you repair a polyester camper roof!
- Mixing ratios and mixing of Epoxy and Polyester
- Priming the boat hull below the waterline with epoxy putty
- Preventive anti-osmosis treatment for polyester boats
- Painting a boat with DD Paint [manual]
- Repairing gelcoat spider cracks in a polyester boat
- Priming a boat hull with HB Coating