Tec7 Trans Clear
- Transparent sealing adhesive
- Waterproof and airtight
- Strong and permanently elastic
Tec7 Trans Clear is a transparent universal sealing adhesive with very good adhesion to various materials such as tiles, cement, natural stone, wood, concrete, glass and aluminum. This adhesive is odourless and even adheres to wet substrates. In addition, Tec7 is fungus and bacteria resistant and easy to use.
Features Tec7 Trans Clear
- After curing super strong and permanently elastic.
- Free of solvents and isocyanates.
- Safe on mirrors, no markings on natural stone.
- Almost odourless.
- Can even be used on wet, slippery surfaces.
- Fungus and bacteria resistant.
- Water and airtight.
- Can be used on most building materials.
Instructions for use
- Use Tec7 Trans Clear at a temperature between +5°C and +40°C and apply to a clean, dust- and grease free surface.
- Use Tec7 Prepare & Finish to clean and degrease safely, obtain the perfect finish, and to remove uncured Tec7 polymers. In case of heavy soiling, clean with Tec7 Cleaner and/or Multiclean. Use HP Clean for finishing on porous materials.
- Apply the adhesive with a manual or air caulking gun.
- Due to the diversity of varnishes and paints on the market we recommend preliminary tests. Using products based on alkyd resins may delay the drying process.
- Test the adhesion to plastics, powder paints, exotic woods and bituminous materials.
- Start by strengthening weak and/or porous substrates with Fixprimer.
- When gluing mirrors in sanitary facilities only apply vertical strips of adhesive to avoid stagnant moisture due to condensation.
- The ideal adhesive thickness for optimal adhesion strength is 3 mm.
Contents: 310 ml tube
Nature: elastic paste
Colour: crystal clear
Flow: 160 g/min (5 bar / 3 mm / 23°C)
Application: caulking gun 290-310 ml
Skin time: after 5 minutes (23°C 50% R.V.)
Tack-free: after 40 minutes (23°C 50% R.V.)|
Full hardening: 24 - 72 hours (23°C 50% R.V.)
- Excellent on (among other things): tiles, cement, natural stone, wood, concrete, aluminum, with the exception of PP, PE, PTFE and bitumen.
- Less good on: PE-PP-PTFE-Bitumen
UV resistance: discolouration may occur over time due to external influences
Overpaintable: ok with most solvent- and water-based lacquers
- good: water, seawater, aliphatic solvents, oils, greases, diluted organic acids and lyes
- moderate: esters, ketones and aromatics
- poor: concentrated acids and chlorinated solvents
Shelf life: 12 months, in closed original packaging, dry, cool and frost-free
Safety measures: please consult the safety datasheet.
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.