White roofing material (Impermax LY)
- 1-component roofing material
- Ideal for solar panels
- Colour: white
Impermax LY is a white-coloured liquid waterproofing roofing material. The product gives an elastomeric and waterproof polyurethane membrane on roofs, balconies and terraces. The yield of Impermax LY is usually 1kg/m2, depending on the layer thickness.
The white roofing material retains less heat and reflects sunlight. Solar panels therefore perform better at lower temperatures. The efficiency increases by a few percent to 10%. The ideal roofing material for solar panels!
Benefits of Impermax LY
- Easy to apply with roller and brush.
- Increases efficiency of solar panels at lower temperatures.
- The material adheres completely to the substrate, so there is no need to nail, burn or glue the roofing material.
- Leaks or damage are easy to locate and repair.
- Easy to create and work on difficult details and shapes such as sloping edges, roof penetrations, skylights.
- Minimal fire risk because you are not working with open flames.
- Quickly waterproofed, almost immediately rainproof.
This white roofing material ican be used on several types of surfaces (concrete, brick, fibrous cement, ceramic tiles, bituminous, steel, zinc, aluminum). Impermax LY is suitable for the following applications:
- Roofs, balconies and terraces.
- Baths (showers), kitchens and difficult access spots.
- Floors with light pedestrian traffic.
- Stairs, stadiums, stands.
Instructions for use
Impermax LY is easy to use. Follow the instructions below. For optimal adhesion, we recommend working on a level surface, free from dust, loose particles, oil, etc. Cracks should also be repaired first.
- Open the package and mix the contents with a spiral mixer until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- Let the product rest for a while to allow air bubbles to escape (dilution is not necessary).
- Apply the liquid roofing material with a roller, brush or sprayer (the consumption is 1kg/m2).
- Then allow the roofing membrane to cure for at least 4-8 hours. The curing time depends on the environmental conditions. Check the technical documentation for an overview of the recommended curing time of Impermax LY.
Under normal conditions, the membrane reaches 90% of its full properties in 3 days. After 1 or 2 days, the product is walkable but the final hardness is reached after 10 or 15 days. We recommend this time be taken into account before the roof is loaded with water.
Contents: 6 kg, 25 kg
Colour: white (can yellow over the years)
VOC content: 314 g/l
Viscosity: 15.000 mPa.s (20°C)
Processing time: 4-6 hours (20°C)
Drying time: 4-8 hours
Processing temperature: 0-30°C
Hardness: 60-65A (shore)
Maximum elongation: 402%
Consumption: approx. 1kg/m2
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.
|H226||Flammable liquid and vapour.|
|H317||May cause an allergic skin reaction.|
|H334||May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.|
|P210||Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.|
|P261||Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.|
|P280||Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.|
|P284||[In case of inadequate ventilation] wear respiratory protection.|
|P342+P311||If experiencing respiratory symptoms: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor/…|
|P321||Specific treatment (see information on this label).|
|P370+P378 PCFW||In case of fire: extinguish with extinguishing powder, CO2, alcohol-resistant foam or water spray|