RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy HV
- High viscosity
- UV stabilized
- 2:1 mixing ratio
- Suitable for making geodes etc.
RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy HV allows you to create beautiful Resin Art works. The epoxy has a very high viscosity and will therefore flow out very thickly. In terms of viscosity, it is similar to RESION food-grade epoxy. The high viscosity makes the epoxy resin very suitable for making art where it is important that the epoxy stays where you apply it. So you can use RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy HV well for making geodes and projects where you don't want different colours to get mixed up, among other things.
The highly viscous epoxy is very UV stable and is easy to process with the 2:1 mixing ratio. So are you looking for a high-quality, high-viscosity epoxy? Then RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy HV is the resin you are looking for!
Benefits Resin Art Epoxy HV
- High quality transparent epoxy
- Very high UV resistance
- Adheres to almost all substrates (such as wood, concrete and plastics))
- Easy to use because of the 2:1 mixing ratio
- Medium viscosity (thin spreading)
This synthetic epoxy has a high viscosity (viscosity). This means that the epoxy resin flows out very thickly. The high viscosity means the epoxy stays in place well, making it very suitable for making geodes and paintings. In addition, pigments run out less quickly, allowing you to create different zones in your artwork.
Tip: are you looking for an art epoxy resin that flows out thinner? Then check out our RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy LV (low viscosity) or the RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy MV (medium viscosity).
UV resistant epoxy
We have extensively tested the UV Resin Art Epoxy for UV stability by testing the resin for an extended period in a special UV cabinet. Thus, we can guarantee that this epoxy casting resin is highly resistant to UV radiation and will therefore not yellow. So you do not need a UV stabiliser for this resin either! The high UV stability also makes Art Epoxy ideal for applications that are going to be exposed to a lot of sunlight, such as paintings, trays and jewellery.
Working with Art Epoxy HV
Working with RESION Art Epoxy is very easy if you follow these steps:
- Weigh the base component (A) and hardener (B) thoroughly according to the mixing ratio indicated on the packaging (2 parts by weight of resin to 1 part by weight of hardener).
- Mix the base and hardener well for 3 minutes. Also scrape well along the sides and bottom of the mixing cup!
- If desired, add pigments to colour the resin.
- Then apply the epoxy to the surface you are going to use (the processing time is 30-60 minutes at 20℃).
- After application, let the Art Epoxy cure for about 12-18 hours before it is manageable (note: after 3-5 days, the epoxy is only fully cured).
|Packaging||Resin (EP 104)||Hardener (EP 124)|
|1.5 kg||1 kg||0.5 kg|
|3 kg||2 kg||1 kg|
|7.5 kg||5 kg||2.5 kg|
|30 kg||20 kg||10 kg|
Mixing ratio: 2:1 (100 grams resin, 50 grams hardener)
Viscosity very high (approx. 12.000 mPa)
Processing time: 30-60 minutes at 20°C
Minimum processing temperature: 15°C
Dust dry: after 6-12 hours (20°C)
Can be handled: after 12-18 hours (20°C)
Full cure: 3-5 days
Heat resistance: 40-45 °C
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.