- Low viscosity
- UV stabilized
- 2:1 mixing ratio
- Suitable for jewellery etc.
RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy LV is an epoxy resin specially developed for making Resin Art. The art epoxy is high quality, easy to process due to its 2:1 mixing ratio and has very high UV stability. This makes the low-viscosity (LV) epoxy universally applicable for making jewellery, orgonites, paintings, coasters and other art on all types of substrates. Are you a beginning or experienced Resin Art artist? Then the RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy LV is the epoxy resin you are looking for! This resin is similar to RESION UV Epoxy.
Benefits Resin Art Epoxy LV
- High quality transparent epoxy
- Very high UV resistance
- Adheres to almost all substrates (such as wood, concrete and plastics))
- Easy to use due to 2:1 mixing ratio
- Low viscosity (thin flow)
This synthetic epoxy has a low viscosity (viscosity). This means that the epoxy resin flows out thinly, which makes it very suitable for making Resin Art jewellery, orgonites, coasters and paintings. In addition, this epoxy is also great for filling your own silicone moulds with epoxy.
We have extensively tested the UV Resin Art Epoxy for UV stability by testing the resin for an extended period in a special UV cabinet. This way, we can guarantee that this epoxy is highly resistant to UV radiation and will therefore not yellow. So you do not need a UV stabiliser for this resin either! The high UV stability also makes Art Epoxy ideal for applications that are going to be exposed to a lot of sunlight, such as tables and jewellery.
Working with Art Epoxy LV
Working with RESION Art Epoxy is very easy if you follow these steps:
- Weigh the base component (A) and hardener (B) thoroughly according to the mixing ratio indicated on the packaging (2 parts by weight of resin to 1 part by weight of hardener).
- Mix the base and hardener well for 3 minutes. Also scrape well along the sides and bottom of the mixing cup!
- If desired, add pigments to colour the resin.
- Then apply the epoxy to the surface you are going to use (the processing time is 30-60 minutes at 20℃).
- After application, let the Art Epoxy cure for about 12-18 hours before it is manageable (note: after 3-5 days, the epoxy is only fully cured).
|Packaging||Resin (EP 102)||Hardener (EP 124)|
|0.75 kg||0.5 kg||0.25 kg|
|1.5 kg||1 kg||0.5 kg|
|3 kg||2 kg||1 kg|
|7.5 kg||5 kg||2,5 kg|
|15 kg||10 kg||5 kg|
|30 kg||20 kg||10 kg|
Mixing ratio: 2:1 (100 grams resin, 50 grams hardener)
Viscosity: low (approx. 700 mPa)
Processing time: 30-60 minutes at 20°C
Minimum processing temperature: 12°C
Dust dry: after 6-12 hours (20°C)
Can be handled: after 12-18 hours (20°C)
Full cure: 3-5 days
Heat resistance: 40-45 °C
Maximum casting thickness: 2-2.5 cm
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.
- Epoxy for beginners
- Mixing ratios and mixing of Epoxy and Polyester
- Overview of casting resins
- DIY | Creating your own Resin Art clocks
- Making art with epoxy | All about Resin Art!
- How well can epoxy withstand UV light?
- DIY | Cast flowers in epoxy
- Making Resin Art? Everything you need to know about RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy
- FAQ - Working safely with epoxy
- Epoxy problem solver
- Mixing epoxy using the 2-cup mixing method
- What you need to know about amine blush: the invisible enemy of epoxy resin