- Stiffer / firmer
- Withstands 250 degrees
- Stick-free curing in 6-8 hours
Silicone Shore 40 is a high-quality silicone rubber which cures at room temperature after mixing with hardener. Suitable for casting candles, chocolate, model building, technical products, chess pieces, etc. This silicone rubber can easily be made into a brushable or spatterable silicone by adding a few percent of thickener for silicones.
Features silicone casting rubber Shore 40
- Tear resistant, malleable and elastic.
- Long service life.
- Produces razor-sharp products.
- Highly resistant to polyester casting resins, polyurethane casting resins, plaster, concrete, etc.
- Food safe.
Shore 40 silicone is a stiff silicone variant that is also suitable for casting in a silicone mold. Shore 15 silicone is generally used for making molds. This is also available at Polyestershoppen.com.
Processing casting rubber Shore 40
- Weigh both components with scales.
- Pour the Shore 40 silicone into a clean mixing bowl.
- Add 10% hardener by weight.
- Mix the parts well for about 3 minutes using the mixing spatula supplied. Do not forget to scrape the bottom and side of the mixing cup.
- Pour the mixture into a new mixing container and mix well again.
- You can now start processing the silicone rubber within 2 hours (the recommended processing temperature is 20℃, at higher temperatures curing will be faster and air bubbles will escape less easily).
Contents: set of 1.1 kg, set of 5.5 kg, set of 22 kg
Hardener included? Yes, 10% hardener Colour: Transparent, to be coloured with pigment Temperature resistance: 250℃ long-term, 350℃ short-term Mixing ratio : 1:10 (weight) Processing time: 2 hours Processing temperature: 20℃ Curing time (tack free): 8 hours Hardness: Shore 40 (sturdy). Shelf life: 2 years (with closed packaging). Food safe: yes
1.1 kg: 1 tin of 1 kg silicone rubber and 1 bottle of 0.1 kg hardener
5.5 kg: 1 tin of 5 kg silicone rubber and 1 bottle of 0.5 kg hardener
22 kg: 1 tin of 20 kg silicone rubber and 1 jerrycan of 2 kg hardener
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.