Polyester laminating resin
- Processing from 12 degrees
- Approx. 30 min. processing time
- For GRP laminating
Among other things, RESION Polyester laminating resin is used in combination with glass chopped strand mat (CSM) for the production of polyester structures, boats, car spoilers, carnival wagons, cars, buddyseats, model making, swimming pools, ponds, polyester repairs and much more. The possibilities are endless. In addition, it is perfect for repairing larger holes in a polyester surface. This is because the combination of polyester laminating resin with a glass mat restores the surface to its former strength.
This polyester laminating resin is easy to use and handles well. It has excellent fibre properties, the resin does not sag from the fibre and air bubbles are easily removed. RESION Polyester laminating resin features a blue colour change that shows whether hardener has been added.
Features of polyester resin
- Impact resistant.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Easy to use.
- Blue indicator.
- Usable from 12 degrees and up.
- Determine the desired amount of hardener in the table below (1.5 - 2.5% MEKP hardener).
- Add the hardener to the epoxy resin and mix it mix thoroughly with the resin.
- Processing time is approximately 30 minutes at 20°C.
- Curing time of the polyester resin is 4 to 6 hours at 20°C.
Tips for processing polyester laminating resin
- Do not try more than 500 to 1000 grams at a time per processing time during the process.
- Mix the hardener carefully with the resin for proper curing.
- When processing polyester laminating resin, always wear latex gloves and a fume mask.
- For 1 m2 fibreglass of 450 grams, you need about 1 kg of polyester resin. This gives 1 mm thickness to the layer.
- You can pre-colour polyester resin with polyester pigment paste.
- You can apply the laminating resin with a fleece roller or a disposable brush.
- Pay close attention to the temperature when determining the amount of hardener (see diagram below).
Packaging: 0.25 kg, 1 kg, 5 kg, 20 kg, 230 kg
Hardener: 1.5% - 2.5% MEKP-hardener
Processing time: approx. 30 minutes (at 20°C)
Curing time: approx. 4 - 6 hours (at 20°C)
Processing equipment: fleece roller or disposable brush
Suitable for: fibreglass
Shelf life: 1 year (if kept unopened in a cool, dark place)
Below is an overview of the amount of hardener required per quantity of polyester laminating resin. You can easily order the hardener with it!
|12-17 °C||18-23 °C||23-30 °C|
|0.25 kg||6.25 grams||5 grams||3.75 grams|
|1 kg||25 grams||20 grams||15 grams|
|5 kg||125 grams||100 grams||75 grams|
|20 kg||500 grams||400 grams||300 grams|
|230 kg||6250 grams||5000 grams||4000 grams|
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.
|H226||Flammable liquid and vapour.|
|H315||Causes skin irritation.|
|H317||May cause an allergic skin reaction.|
|H319||Causes serious eye irritation.|
|H332||Harmful if inhaled.|
|H335||May cause respiratory irritation.|
|H361||Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child <state specific effect if known> <state route of exposure if it is conclusively proven that no other routes of exposure cause the hazard>.|
|H372||Causes damage to organs <or state all organs affected, if known> through prolonged or repeated exposure <state route of exposure if it is conclusively proven that no other routes of exposure cause the hazard>.|
|H412||Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.|
|P101||If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.|
|P102||Keep out of reach of children.|
|P260||Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.|
|P270||Do no eat, drink or smoke when using this product.|
|P314||Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell.|
|P308+P313||IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention.|
|P405||Store locked up.|
|P501B||Dispose of contents / container in accordance with local, regional or international regulations|