RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy MV
- Medium viscosity
- UV stabilized
- 2:1 mixing ratio
- Suitable for paintings
RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy MV is a medium-viscosity epoxy resin. The universal epoxy is very suitable for various Resin Art applications such as making paintings, coasters, somewhat larger moulds and other art on all types of substrates. This epoxy is of a very high quality and is one of the most UV-resistant resins on the market. In addition, the epoxy is very easy to process with its 2:1 mixing ratio and is crystal clear. If you are looking for a thick epoxy, RESION UV Resin Art Epoxy MV is the casting resin you are looking for!
Benefits Resin Art Epoxy MV
- High-quality transparent epoxy
- Very high UV resistance
- Adheres to almost all substrates (such as wood, concrete and plastics)
- Easy to use due to 2:1 mixing ratio
- Medium viscosity (thick flow)
This synthetic epoxy has a medium viscosity (viscosity). This means that the epoxy resin flows out quite thickly, making it very suitable for making Resin Art paintings. Due to the medium viscosity of this casting resin, pigments do not sink into the epoxy as quickly. The medium viscosity Art Epoxy is therefore also very suitable when working with alcohol inks (such as Piñata). You can use a hair dryer or heatgun to influence the placement of the pigments.
We have extensively tested the UV Resin Art Epoxy for UV stability by testing the resin for an extended period in a special UV cabinet. Thus, we can guarantee that this epoxy casting resin is highly resistant to UV radiation and will therefore not yellow. So you do not need a UV stabiliser for this resin either! The high UV stability also makes Art Epoxy ideal for applications that are going to be exposed to a lot of sunlight, such as paintings, trays and jewellery.
Working with Art Epoxy MV
Working with RESION Art Epoxy is very easy if you follow these steps:
- Weigh the base component (A) and hardener (B) thoroughly according to the mixing ratio indicated on the packaging (2 parts by weight of resin to 1 part by weight of hardener).
- Mix the base and hardener well for 3 minutes. Also scrape well along the sides and bottom of the mixing cup!
- If desired, add pigments to colour the resin.
- Then apply the epoxy to the surface you are going to use (the processing time is 30-60 minutes at 20℃).
- After application, let the Art Epoxy cure for about 12-18 hours before it is manageable (note: after 3-5 days, the epoxy is only fully cured).
|Packaging||Resin (EP 103)||Hardener (EP 124)|
|0.75 kg||0.5 kg||0.25 kg|
|1.5 kg||1 kg||0.5 kg|
|3 kg||2 kg||1 kg|
|7,5 kg||5 kg||2,5 kg|
|15 kg||10 kg||5 kg|
|30 kg||20 kg||10 kg|
Mixing ratio: 2:1 (100 grams resin, 50 grams hardener)
Viscosity: medium (approx. 5.000 mPa)
Processing time: 30-60 minutes at 20°C
Minimum processing temperature: 12°C
Dust dry: after 6-12 hours (20°C)
Can be handled: after 12-18 hours (20°C)
Full cure: 3-5 days
Heat resistance: 40-45 °C
Maximum casting thickness: 2-2.5 cm
We have a number of recommendations for working safely with polymers. At Polyestershoppen you will not only find the polymers themselves, but you can also purchase all the protective equipment you need from us. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact our customer service. We can give you advice on how to work safely with polymers.