Repair kits manual
Is your shower tray broken or do you have a crack in your marble floor? Hiring a mechanic is often expensive and why hire a mechanic when you can fix it yourself within 15 minutes? Which repair kit do I need for my floor? And which one do I need for my shower tray? In this article you will read everything you need to know about the different repair kits.
Why use a repair kit?
With a repair kit, you can repair minor damage yourself. For example, we have different repair kits for different types of fabric (sanitary, marble). The repair kits can be used to repair splinters, nicks, deep scratches and pits. Instead of hiring a technician, which is often very expensive, you repair damages yourself with these kits. And the repair is done within 15 minutes.
Which repair kit do I need?
At Polyestershoppen, we have the repair kit you need. Here is an overview of the repair kits plus the corresponding goals and instructions for use:
Instructions for use
- Specially intended for larger damage, such as small cracks and holes.
- Supplied in the most common colour 1W28, which is the most common colour white.
- Suitable for washbasins, shower trays and baths.
- Repairs imperfections almost invisibly.
- There is sufficient material in the set to repair various deeper scratches/cracks or damage with a diameter of 3 cm.
Add the contents of the brown bottle to the aluminum bottle and mix it with the stirring rod.
Let it rest for 5 minutes with the cap on and remove the contents from the bottle using the syringe.
Place the microtip on the syringe and generously fill the damaged area, the product will shrink 20% during curing.
Sand the repair with sandpaper and some water.
Finally, apply a little polishing paste and rub it out with the polishing cloth.
The set consists of a specially pigmented adhesive and activator formula that has been specially developed for a quick, permanent repair to standard white acrylic surfaces.
It can also be successfully applied to enamel and ceramic surfaces and can be used for vertical damage.
- Our marble repair kits are not only suitable for marble but also for objects with a marble look.
- The set is available for the most standard shades of marble: gray and brown.
- The set contains three colour syringes in brown or gray tones with which you can create the colour according to your own wishes.
- With the repair kit you can repair splinters, deep scratches, pits and nicks in marble objects, for example a marble floor or tiles with a marble look.
- Suitable for the restoration of marble wall and floor tiles, counter tops and garden tiles.
- The repair agent is waterproof and resistant to underfloor heating and frost.
- Mix the filler to the desired colour and apply it to the damage.
- Then place the transparent foil strip over this and rub the filler into the damage with the supplied mixing spatula.
- Turn on the supplied LED curing lamp and hold it approximately 1 cm above the damage for 5 minutes.
- Sand away the excess filler with the sandpaper and polish it with the polishing paste and polishing cloth.
Conclusion about working with repair kits
As you have read in the article above, you can easily get started with the repair kits yourself. On this page we have explained as best as possible which repair kits we have, what they are intended for and what the instructions are for each repair kit. We have many different repair kits, whether you are working with marble, acrylic or polyester, we have the right kit for your job. Do you still have questions about the repair kits after reading this article? Please feel free to contact our specialists. They are happy to help you!